|Upper Cervical Spine / Headache - an integrated manual therapy approach|
This one-day course gives participants the practical skills needed to safely and effectively examine and treat upper cervical spine (O-C2) dysfunction. The approach integrates concepts developed by Maitland, Edwards, Mulligan, and Jull amongst others. Case studies are used to develop reasoning in clinical diagnosis and treatment planning. The evidence base supporting manual therapy in the treatment of upper cervical spinal dysfunction is outlined.
The ratio of participants to tutors is kept low (maximum of 12:1) to ensure a high level of supervision and feedback.
- Clinical anatomy and biomechanics of the upper cervical spine
- Differential diagnosis of headache
- Combined movement examination & treatment of O/C1 & C1/2
- Mulligan approach to treatment of headache
- Muscle system dysfunction and control
This course is of value to all physiotherapists with basic manual therapy skills who wish to develop their ability to effectively examine and treat patients with upper neck pain and headache.
Comments from previous course participants:
- "Very approachable and patient tutor who explained concepts very well."
- "Small group and lots of supervision."
- "Good mixture of practical and theory."
- "Content was clinically relevant."
- "Liked multi-concept approach to assessment and treatment of neck related headache."