This two-day course gives you the practical skills needed to assess and treat spinal dysfunction in 3-dimensions using Combined Movements. Clinical reasoning is developed in the identification of movement patterns and the selection and progression of treatment techniques. The evidence base supporting manual therapy in the treatment of the spinal dysfunction is presented. The number of participants is limited to 12 to ensure a high level of supervision and feedback.
- Relevant spinal anatomy and biomechanics
- Theory underpinning the use of Combined Movements
- Practical spinal examination and treatment using Combined Movements
- Case studies illustrating the Combined Movement approach in the examination and treatment of patients with back pain, neck pain and headaches
Based on the work of Brian Edwards, this course is aimed at physiotherapists wishing to incorporate this essential manual therapy concept into their clinical repertoire.
Comments from previous course participants:
- "The course develops a strong rationale and reasoning for treatment selection."
- "There was a good balance between theory and practical."
- "The small size of our group meant that I got lots of practical supervision."
- "What a fantastic way to assess and treat back and neck pain!"
- "Very well presented, excellent style of teaching/facilitation."